Rapha x CyclingTips Cape Epic Women's Pro Team Bib Short
CyclingTips Founder, Wade Wallace introduces the Rapha x CyclingTips Cape Epic Women's Pro Team Bib Short
* Please note this is a pre-order item. Orders close April 5, and ship early June. *
** Note that VeloClub members receive a 20% discount. Join today to qualify **
The Road to Cape Epic was cut short this time around, but I have an enormous amount of gratitude towards the journey it took us on. We didn't want to wake up at 5am to do those training rides, we didn't want to eat like monks, we didn't want to push ourselves to the limit on so many occasions. But a race so big and so frightening made it necessary - even enjoyable.
I've always thought the Belgian national championship kit was the best looking kit ever made. Simple block colours, and represents the toughest riders in the peloton. But this kit needs to be earned, and copying it would be 'kicking in holy houses' as the Belgians say. So we went with the same traditional tri-colour design with a different colour pallet to create the Road to Cape Epic kit. Every time I put it on for a 5am training session in the rain and crosswinds, I think of how it was inspired and to Belgian-the-f#$-up!
We didn't make it to the Road to Cape Epic start-line in 2020, but you can be sure that we'll be donning this kit in Cape Town in 2021.
This is Rapha's Pro Team Bib Shorts and features a race-optimised fit ideal for fast training days or races.
- Fitted for comfort, support and abrasion resistance
- Wide front strap to accommodate a range of bust sizes
- Contoured seams to aid fit and eliminate excess fabric
- Flatlock stitching on seams to limit chafing
- Women-specific chamois for comfort over extended periods
- Lightweight, low profile gripper developed to eliminate pinching on the leg
- Breathable mesh straps to prevent overheating
Apologies for the lack of appropriate images - there are currently only 2 of these kits in the world!