Rapha x CyclingTips Cape Epic Women's Jersey
CyclingTips Founder, Wade Wallace introduces the Rapha x CyclingTips Cape Epic Men's Jersey
* Please note this is a pre-order item. Orders close April 5, and ship early June. *
** Note that VeloClub members receive a 20% discount. Join today to qualify **
The Road to Cape Epic was cut short this time around, but I have an enormous amount of gratitude towards the journey it took us on. We didn't want to wake up at 5am to do those training rides, we didn't want to eat like monks, we didn't want to push ourselves to the limit on so many occasions. But a race so big and so frightening made it necessary - even enjoyable.
I've always thought the Belgian national championship kit was the best looking kit ever made. Simple block colours, and represents the toughest riders in the peloton. But this kit needs to be earned, and copying it would be 'kicking in holy houses' as the Belgians say. So we went with the same traditional tri-colour design with a different colour pallet to create the Road to Cape Epic kit. Every time I put it on for a 5am training session in the rain and crosswinds, I think of how it was inspired and to Belgian-the-f#$-up!
We didn't make it to the Road to Cape Epic start-line in 2020, but you can be sure that we'll be donning this kit in Cape Town in 2021.
This is Rapha's Pro Team Midweight Jersey and features a race-optimised fit ideal for fast training days or races.
- Midweight cycling jersey for mild to warm weather
- Anti-bacterial treatment to keep jersey fresh
- High-wicking fabric structure to keep you cool
- SPF50 treatment for sun protection
- Triple rear pocket with new gussets for extra storage
- Mesh fabric under pockets for breathability
- VISLON® zip for smooth glide and easy one-handed operation
- Pro Team fit for an on-bike position
- Perforated holes under arms for ventilation
- 83% polyester
- 17% elastane
Apologies for the lack of appropriate images - there are currently only 2 of these kits in the world!